Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I attended the AGM and lab tour with the purpose of deciding whether to double down or sell my remaining shares. I had six questions which I previously posted and asked at the meeting.

1. Why haven't the Intels and IBMs of the world beaten a path to POET. According to Dr. Taylor - they don't know enough about it, and some of that is deliberate by the company.

2. Prototype chips in 2011h had an unacceptable flaw rate - has that problem been resolved. According to Dr. Taylor, yes -although commercial sized runs have not yet been done. Fairchij can correct me if I get this wrong, but the problem of "lifting" which occurs at higher annealment temperatures has been solved by using a different alloy(my very simplistic understanding).

3. How much of a claim on the POET chip does BAE have. According to Mr. Copetti, none.

4. Does Mr. Inwentash's position as owner of Pintree Capital represent a conflict of interest which could violate SEC regulations and preclude a NASDAQ listing. According to Mr. Copetti and legal counself, there are safeguards and proceedures to address this. While I can envision scenarios where Mr. Iwentash's fiduciary reponsibility to his investors in Pinetree and his obligations as a director of the company might be mutually incompatable, management feels their interests are mutually alignd (i.e. maximization of shareholder value).

5. Can management offer the retail shareholder some protection from the dilution effect of the increased options to be issued. Specifically, could the excercise price be priced higher than the share price at the date of issue. The answer was no.

6. Are there any pending government contracts (asked of Dr. Choweniac at the lab tour). There are no further contracts.

Mr. Copetti was very positive, stating the company has never been in better shape - both financially and with the research and administrative teams. I believe he wants a NASDAQ listing sooner, rather than later to access the much larger US market and bolster the SP. He stated that the increased SP and market cap would command a higher buyout price, if it came to selling the company. Mr. Manocha stated he found the POET technology compelling and reminded the group that he could pick up the phone and access virtually anybody in the field. My gut feeling is that he intends approach these people. Overall, my impression of management was positive (and I'm a pessimist).

I have decided to double down - but then again I may be one of those "weak minds" previously alluded to.

New Message
Please login to post a reply