Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

@Aves,

AM addressed the announcement of partnerships by saying that if POET names their partners there is the possibility that they will walk away. The unnamed potential customers do not wish to be identified. This makes sense because they have competitiors that could really benefit from this information.

Personally I'm thinking that the "main partner" is someone like GF. They are the main partner because (1) they are the gateway to the customer (2) they are (or may be) be helping to optimize POET's designs (3) they will be soliciting customers and the flow through revenue will go from the customer through the fab to us.

You reminded me of something Lee S explained about the TDK (sorrry if this is part of an earlier post I didn't read). It is actually two parts:the Process Design Kit for potential customers to make their poet designs, and a Process Transfer Kit for the foundry to use. I believe the way it works is that the documents written in the design kit talks to the transfer kit which instructs the foundry equipment to build the design structures.

One of the AGM attendees asked Dr. Taylor to confirm that the 100nm was requested by an outside party. This was confirmed. Taylor was then asked if the party was satisfied with the results. Taylor replied that they haven't reengaged with that party yet. I interpreted this (in the context of the Lab-->Fab-->Customer chain) to mean that they wanted to transfer the optimized design to a fab before communicating the results. Another attendee said that Taylor remarked that they didn't want to go to cutomers "half baked" This goes nicely with the MD&A statement about optimizing the 100nm achievement possibly with the help of a 3rd party fab.

So where we might be now is at the point where a fab is ready and willing to optimize the designs, which are now at the 100nm-ish node. After this we may hear that GF (for example) is ready to build POET chips. What I would expect after this is for the news flow to regularly announce device companies executing a license. Sometimes the same company will be announced repeatedly as they execute licenses for several of their products. Years later they won't even bother because the licenses will be so numerous.

Look what's at the top of the ARMH twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/ARMJobs/status/469509523225722880

#ARM: 350+ licensees, 1k licenses, 3k employees. The org making next #100BillionChips happen: http://www.next100billionchips.com/?p=1813&sf26449559=1

New Message
Please login to post a reply