Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Spent the past week seeing the Toronto Zoo, Ripleys Aquarium and the Science Centre from my 5 and 7 year olds perspective, very fun!

Now just reading through all the posts. Lots of good discussions.

I saw this interesting article about Tech Mergers & Acquisitions last week and thought I'd share it..

"When deciding whether Google should spend millions or even billions of dollars in acquiring a new company, its chief executive, Larry Page, asks whether the acquisition passes the toothbrush test: Is it something you will use once or twice a day, and does it make your life better?"

"The esoteric criterion shuns traditional measures of valuing a company like earnings, discounted cash flow or even sales. Instead, Mr. Page is looking for usefulness above profitability, and long-term potential over near-term financial gain."

".......Facebook uses acquisitions to make big bets on the future and plug technical holes."

The full article link is here:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/08/17/in-silicon-valley-mergers-must-meet-the-toothbrush-test/?_php=true&_type=blogs&smid=tw-nytimesbits&_r=0

New Message
Please login to post a reply