Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Is this written right cuz I don't think IBM would pay GF to take its foundry off its hands. Should it not read that GF wanted to buy the foundry for $1 billion and IBM wanted 2. The case that is being made here is as if GF said, " you want to get rid of your foundry, you pay us 2 billion to take it off your hands....." Don't think that is right. Think the author needs to rejig who is offering what to who. If the foundry has over $2 billion in value on the open market, a buyer would offer low to get it on the cheap. Not have IBM say "Please take my wife oh and here is some fun money for upgrades". Am I wrong thinking that? If not the guy needs to correct that. .................................................................................................................................. "From what I was told the negotiations initially broke off because of the price tag. IBM wanted to PAY GLOBALFOUNDRIES $1B to take the semiconductor unit and GF wanted $2B. Last year IBM’s semiconductor business shrank to less than $2B and is expected to shrink again this year to less than $1.5B so time was on GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ side. In most negotiations there is a point where you just stare at each other and the first one to blink loses. IBM definitely blinked because the final number that was mentioned to me is in excess of $2B." ................................................................................................................................. Buhler, Buhler.... Derekwpg
New Message
Please login to post a reply