Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

While the psychology of the herd will view insider selling as a negative (this is why the company has tried to explain the disposition), as a long time shareholder I think we need a little perspective on the act.

Mrs Shepherd noted in general the issues that plague any insider if they play games. We also know the good doctor continues to hold a very large chunk of shares which he has had for some time (plus options). I hope we also agree that there is nothing wrong with any insider taking some cash off the table when they want it or need it. We know, too, that there has been next to no insider selling since the solar debacle some years ago, and that was a totally different management team. (forget about SI in the scenario). We know options granted in the recent past are well above the current SP.

On a personal note, I have considered selling some of my holdings recently. It has nothing to do with my belief in the technology. Rather my kids have bought a new house and will be moving in shortly; their mortgage will be relatively high for them. I'd like to hand them some cash now.

My point is obvious. Cashing out a bit is not an issue. The problem exsists, in the herd's mind, when it is a key insider - and the herd reacts with negativity knowing nothing of the situation. It is perception only. And while perception is sometimes reality, it is very seldom reality in the market. As a result, I suspect we will see a little sell off, then I hope a nice little rebound. Let's keep things in perspective. After all, nothing has changed with the tech.

New Message
Please login to post a reply