Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I would respectfully disagree. Dr. Taylor sold off 25% of his readily disposable shares- most likely subjected to long term capital gains treatment. We do not know when his options become tradeable, and if he converted them they would likely be taxed at ordinary income rates. Those that hadn't vested would likely be sold at a discount. Why Dr. Taylor wanted/needed the cash is irrelevant - but what imho screams out is that no one in their right mind sells an asset today that they are sure will increase dramatically in value tomorrow(the near term). The fact that the ultimate insider sold off a sizeable portion of his readily disposable shares says to me (and apparently a lot of other shareholders) that he sees no near term catalyst which will propel the SP. I take him at his word that he still is convinced of the eventual success of POET and am still holding my core position - but I firmly believe that his sale of shares was the catalyst for this sell-off. And I am sure professional traders have taken advantage of this.

I did attend the AGM, drank the cool aid, suspended my disbelief, and doubled down on my position - putting the shares in my wife's IRA. The day Dr. Taylor's sale became public, I sold off 1/3 of her shares (had I sold all she would have had a quick 18% profit). Since I sold out in thirds on the way down, it settled out at 4.4%. Having been in this stock almost 4 years, and following the BBs, I am convinced this is how many people are getting rich (not me, I'm a poor trader and have left too many paper gains on the table).

GL

\

New Message
Please login to post a reply