Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

@turr (and @scary)

"Over the last 6 months we've gone from $2.84 to $.85 today and we've been going lower in bad markets but we've also been going lower in some of the best markets ever over that 6 months."

As much as I agree with the sentiment that followed the one above, it's important to note while PTK has been declining off its highs, it also outperformed the TSX leading up to it's high. This gives the feeling that POET has been performing badly against a surging market. In truth, POET peaked early and started its decline before the overall market decline. To me this makes sense, because I think investors will lose their appetite for start-ups, microcaps, etc. long before they give up on the mega caps of the TSX. See the chart below to confirm that PTK's action preceded that of the TSX:

As you can see, if we had more of a gradual incline from Oct '13 to Apr '14 we would have matched the TSX fairly closely.

"We deserve a news release with something telling us that this ship is still on course and the share price is where it is because of reasons that have nothing to do with the POET plan. We demand it. If they care anything about the retail shareholders they should do that just out of common courtesy. I'm upset with no explanation and so should everyone else here be also."

I too would like to hear an update from the company if possible - even if it's for no other reason than to reassure us that our business plan remains unchanged and on track. Not sure if we will get this, since as I said, aside from a quicker incline we are just doing what the market is doing. Still it wouldn't hurt...

New Message
Please login to post a reply