Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

That is very well put Mr. Mackwheaton. I agree entirely.

What did he really say?

"POET is a designer of semiconductors only. Like ARM Holdings."

He often compares us to ARM.

"They do not ever expect to be a maker of chips."

Personally I agree with that statement and like it. They said they would monetize POET as quickly as possible....meaning leasing, royalies, even total sell out if the price is right

"A chip fabricating facility or fab, usually will need 3 to 5 years all in all to come up with the chip and integrated circuit board architecture as well as application and testing to create an environment where chips based on POET’s technology would go to market."

What does this mean?.. Well I guess it means exactly what he said earlier, POET will be like ARM

"If this happens there are various junctures where POET will receive a royalty or one time payout for the use of their technology."

Well he can't say that any clearer either. We will make money with royalities or one time payouts which is perfectly fine as long as the royalities and one time payouts are enough to satisfy our requirements.

Add to this the fact that Chris is always cautious and never optimistic with any statements he has ever made.

New Message
Please login to post a reply