Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

HarryE: How would the good folks of Fukushima think about nuclear power and associated risk, Rainer? Or do You support the idea that safety is the taking of calculated risks?

Considering the fact that in Fukushima nobody suffered any physical harm from radiation, but more than 1,600 died due to evacution, I would say that radiation protection is way out of proportion and does much more harm than good. A dose of 100 mSv per year is safe. And the people of Fukushima have been exposed to a maximum of 35 mSv, so that's no big deal. Thanks to fearmongers' efforts, however, people are suffering from detrimental psychological effects.

By the way, I am currently preparing an improved and German version of "Radiation: The Facts" for Nuklearia. Our literature sources (most of them in English) can be found here.

I could expand on this topic here at length, explain that current international radiation protection regulation is based on scientific fraud, say something about radiation hormesis etc., but, uh, I think we are off-topic here, so I'll rather be quiet now …

If you are further interested in this topic, please send me a PM or meet me on Twitter or on Facebook.

New Message
Please login to post a reply