Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

"Almost all of the many predictions now being made about 1996 hinge on the Internet's continuing exponential growth. But I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse."

Robert Metcalfe, founder of 3Com, 1995

"Apple is already dead."

Nathan Myhrvold, former Microsoft CTO, 1997

"Two years from now, spam will be solved."

Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words of wisdom from some of our best and brightest. I mock them here not for sport, but for illustration. I put them above to demonstrate where ignorance, doubt, and unfaithfulness to any idea who's time has come, is cerebral, and moral disaster. I mention them because they show us the folly of the death knell prediction, and how some "expertise" is not all encompassing. The fact that those of us who believe, do so because of solid research and due diligence, with a little good faith and a modicum of luck.

So where are we and whats to come ?

Pre ignition sequence, check list stage, assembling all known "GO" factors, are just a few of the superlatives. In reality though, a small hint of whats to come has been shown in a registered trademark of quite some strength, and now a televison commercial produced using that trademark. Making a pretty strong and efficient statement. This does speak to me the that theres a campaign afoot. Certainly discussion has already been made regarding product time lines. I won't reignite that debate here.

So what then could be considered as a viable reason or reasons for a campaign to kickoff ? Promotional for the stock ? Education for the consumer ? Promotion for analysts and investors in the continental US ? A precursor to management additions ? A precursor to a substantial milestone completion ? Something else ?

My hunch tells me that a substantial development awaits in the wings to begin the campaign. This development, hand in hand with our new commercial will remove the colored wrapping from the PTK box. Widely revealing it to the world. As the company progresses much further into the campaign, as interviews and discussions with analysts, pundits from the technology world, and business leaders become public. The commercial will be a powerful lead in and exit from, those televised interactions. Social media may also have a play here as well.

I believe that all correspondence, news releases, references, company letterhead etc etc will all now have the trademarked slogan built into them. Public understanding and education into what "Powered By Poet" means or defines will also become an important component in the medium and longer term. In printed form for say packaging requirements, discussions will be held, then written clauses agreed to in all licencing contracts defining where on the packaging and/or final products, the size the color etc.

Marketing is a specialized and unique science. Its measured, numbered, quantified, assigned, and analysed in many, many ways. It involves human psychologies, buying habits and patterns, hot button sciences, and plain and simply, why we buy what we buy. In a disruptive situation such as this, (humans do not like nor try to understand disruption) it would be wise to educate the consumer in advance. In bite size pieces, this disruptive change becomes more appealing and easier to comprehend. I would expect over the next 18-24 months, we will see this become more apparent in our everyday lives.

A mention was made of valuation. The market, in absence of any standardized methods to value PTK, will provide the initial valuation. As revenue comes on stream, standard valuation methods will be applied. The unknown factor ? The mania that approaches us. Its been discussed what fund managers, analysts, investors look for in any growth stock. Cash flow, cash on asset return, income, all factors that a professional will look for when buying the stock. PTK will generate these attributes in spades, thereby pushing the value ever higher. (For an example of managers buying for cash flow....have a look at Apple post split)

I mentioned in a past post that the POET brand will one day be among the pantheon of most recognizable global brands.

That ascension begins on Monday.

New Message
Please login to post a reply