Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Eileen, I have to say my knowledge of marketing can be summed up in a sentence: it borders on the fractional above absolute zero. The words of Terry O'Reilly are wonderful and his example of using emotion but never stating it is just so true. His example, the phrase "Trust Me" is just brilliant.

This set me thinking for here in the UK we are remembering the 50th anniversary of the death of Winston Churchill. So our screens have been filled with his life, his writings, his history and, not least, his oratory. So, I thought, use his words.

Picture the scene, a portrait of the bulldog Churchill looking at you. His words to Parliament, spoken as the threat of invasion loomed in May 1940, when he became Prime Minister: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat" spoken by the man with the bass-baritone reading voice par excellence: Richard Burton. Cut to a picture of a fallen child with a grazed knee and the sound of Handel's "Laschia Chio Pianga" slowly increasing.

I reckon you could flog a ton of sticking plasters without mentioning sadness and pain.

Any chance of a job.

Great Post, very, very informative.

David

New Message
Please login to post a reply