Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Intel comments - Arrogance is only Exceeded by your Ignorance

"In an interview with Business Insider Thursday, Intel's CFO Stacy Smith brushed off those concerns. Smith said that Intel is so far ahead of the competition when it comes to PC processors that Apple (and just about every other PC maker) has no choice but to use Intel chips."

Hey Paulboy, my Dad was military, told everybody he had two-thirds of grade 12 (actually grade 8) because he had to run away at 13 to get away from the mean old Nuns and help support his 8 brothers and sisters. Old Dad was very well read, and on one occasion I had the honour of observing him tell the Minister of our Baptist Church, "Your Arrogance is only Exceeded by your Ignorance!" This was because Dad noticed the Minister would talk in a dialogue way above the parish. Needless to say we stopped going to Church and thankfully with that, the dreaded after visits to the couch with Dad and his belt reminding us to stay awake and stop fidgeting!

Now, I really love what CFO of Intel - Stacy Smith is saying in the quote above. Curriously, we need to understand the brain fart that he is implying by considering the definitions of "Arrogance" and Ignorance" courtesy of http://www.merriam-webster.com

Arrogance - an insulting way of thinking or behaving that comes from believing that you are better, smarter, or more important than other people

Ignorance - the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

Tieing the two together with "only Exceeded"

Exceeded - to be greater or more than (something) : to be better than (something) : to go beyond the limit of (something)

It is clear to me, IMHO - CFO Stacy Smith should spend some time updating his resume and perhaps be me more kind while playing in the sandbox with the other children! LOL!

Pssst: Hey Stacy!, one word - POET!

Cheers!

New Message
Please login to post a reply