Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Corporate presentation states that POET technology is up to 10X faster then current technologies. This measure of performance is obviously not based on a ring oscillator test. My read of a recent thread on this topic is that the ring oscillator is an industry standard and obviously important to key parties courting POET. So what is the current 10X better performance based on? Morever, what kind of results can we expect from the ring oscillator demonstration i.e. equal, 2X, 10X or more? How much faster would it have to be for industry to be satisfied notwithstanding other recognized advantages? What ever the figure is I expect that many will compare it to the well advertised 10X figure. So I hope that if the figure is anything else it comes with an explanation and the initial feedback of the industry leaders who have requested the test.
New Message
Please login to post a reply