Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I was watching a movie last night, The Wrecking Crew, about session musicians in the 50"s to 1980"s who were actualy responsible for many of the songs we know as hits, commercial themes and televison and movie soundtracks. The actual artists were basically fronts who provided some of the words, music, and publicity while these musicians were the heart of it. While the general populace had absolutely know idea. Milli Vanilli on steroids so to speak.......Fascinating stuff !!

It reminded me of several concepts that we have discussed on this forum on the business side, including the "Iceberg Effect", front running of dates, milestones and the presentation of sculpted legitimate information. It really hit home the point that as we see, hear and feel, the facts of the PTK story as presented, are they truly whats happening, are they truly within planning and development dates ? Whats inside ?

So within the first 90 days, I have said there will be a major development (or two). I am still standing by that remark. The reason being the date, and duration of the two teasers ads, and incidentally possibly a third and more as things heat up. Its obvious to me, that Ajit, Peter and Stephane et al, have a plan in mind for at least the beginning of the time line. I fully suspect that as we engage further into the plan and timeline, marketing people will be brought on and a full time agency contract will be let.

So a proviso here.....every time I make this argument, nasty messages of pom pom-esque behaviour show up in my inbox and I have no idea why someone be offended at an alternative and still positive argumentitive point. Mainly based on this argument....."At the AGM...or in the meeting....or in the conference call..... so and so told us this".

Quite rightly and with no malice, prejudice or dispute, what was said at that time and in that space, was most likely and factually said. For good reason and for good design this was said. I really can not in good conscience dispute this.

Certain of these statements, please allow me to throw this "option b", out there. Lets put you in the spotliight. Lets assume for a moment in your chosen profession, you had "the" answer to a question so severe, a "solution" to a problem so debilitating, a product that would not only change your profession but may provide tentacled solutions to a few other related professions, maybe even oithers.

Whats your first step ?

(Protection: Wide definiton herein meaning from theft, prying eyes, other competition etc)

(The first two are inter-related and can be flip flopped in order)

Protection of the idea.....always, always protect the quarterback.

Development and testing of the idea under protection.

Prototype in situ testing and further development and refinement....under protection.

Limited testing in a simulated or even real world set up (this can be done in real world situations and products with out the publics knowledge by an industry or joint venture partner in limited quantites and control group situations. Like a blind taste test for example or focus groups who have a sample product on their person. Further to this, analysis of the compiled response and data incurred in the research.

Active marketing and development of partners, sales targets, and end users. At this stage, offers for investment, product purchase, joint ventures, partnerships, co-develomental deals, will arrive on your doorstep. You and your new developmental team now have a nice problem. Taking your idea from, concept to sample to test market to workable sample and now marketable product.

Whats next ?

New Message
Please login to post a reply