Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Could BAE Systems have been the 3rd Party Fab all along?

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/v.ptk/poet-technologies-inc?threadid=23576787

"sevenOdouble wrote: "BAE Systems will provide non-exclusive third-party foundry services in support of the Company's "Lab-to-Fab" transition plan. The current phase of the work will be performed between March 2015 and August 2015. Key objectives of the collaboration include process transfer, prototype builds and design enablement kit development."

This is for the Milestones we were expecting in Q1. Although it could be that the Ring Oscillator MS moved to one foundry & the 50Ghz to another, or the other way around. This is not Apple related IMO First they need to build demonstration devices, and this is exactly what they're doing, albeit with more delays. Before a company decides which technology its going to use in future devices they need to know the full scope of what it can do. Hence the reason for these prototype builds. Once they know all the metrics they can start thinking of using POET..."

IMO, I can't see them "announcing a delay" for the R-O and the VCSEL but re-iterating those same milestones for end of Q1 in the same News Release??? His theory doesn't make sense to me..

Would anyone care to speculate? Maybe I'm going crazy?

Either way, today's NR was spectacular, but our DD is far from over!

-Abel

New Message
Please login to post a reply