Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Good Morning All....

Allow me to clarify please, the dollar figure in the title bar, and the how it arrived here.

Theres been some excellent discussion on this subject this morning. That was the main reason for me to have thrown that out here (a sprat to catch a Mackerel as my mother would say). I thought though some clarification was in order. starting with our CFO. Who incidentally has given his permission to use this information, and his first and given names of Robert John, bizarrely and coincidently name related to two of the most knowledgeable postees on this forum.

His CV includes years on Wall Street, doing M & A's, Risk Arbitrage, Capital Markets Funding, Insurance Valuations etc. him and I and one other person were directly related to that laughable summer 2014 cash flow projection. I say laughable because many laughed. I say that because in a short time span many won't be laughing. I digress. On to the mysterious 78 bln figure.

This figure came from the origination of that cash flow projection and was our attempt to put a quasi (as RVH alluded to) net present value and future value allowing for or with future earnings potential in mind and the vague nebulousness of those "Star Trek" future laden advancements of Quantum Computing. Also sprinkled in was a premium for the assets. the mathematical computations were from standard Harvard, and NYU taught formulas. One set of which is below for you mathematical people.

http://people.stern.nyu.edu/wsilber/Equity%20Valuation%20Formulas.pdf

Actually our figure was closer to $50-$60 bln. What we did though was add a trading premium and nebulous number for the value of control of an asset that will transform a global trillion dollar industry. What we asked ourselves is what would you pay for a paradigm shift, a product that has so much potential that no one really knows just how much as yet, let alone proper quantification. Standard metrics should probably be thrown out or abridged and/or adjusted, but thats just our opinion.

We are both in the camp of lets build this thing, lets leave a legacy for our children. I have no quarrel with those who will sell at $4, $5. $7, or $10. Your money, your free choice. Myself I see a much greater horizon. Even if a buyout ensued and was voted and accepted. I would take my cash and buy the shares of the buyer.

We are in a no lose situation here. You control your familes generational financial destiny. We all win. The only questions are "How Much and When ?".

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

New Message
Please login to post a reply