Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Apr 01, 2015 08:24PM
Apr 01, 2015 10:38PM
Apr 01, 2015 11:39PM

http://66.228.39.216/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/579595-poison-pill-hostile-takeover-discussion-with-chris-chu/?message_id=1818536#message_1818536

Treasurer
Rating: [?]
Votes: 74 Score: 2.7
Did you know? You can earn activity points by filling your profile with information about yourself (what city you live in, your favorite team, blogs etc.

Poison Pill - Hostile Takeover discussion with Chris Chu

posted on Jul 15, 13 01:31PM (Log in to use the IP Check tool) [?]

I emailed Chris a couple of times and below are the interactions. His repies were very fast.
The rights plan (poison pill) is still in effect.

My Query:
Chris,
Is the a "poison pill" in the stock option plans of Opel.?
There is a lot of talk on the boards about takeover and buy-outs.
Are we stockholders protected against hostile takeover ?

His reply
"Who are these folks and why on earth would they be talking about hostile takeovers with a Company of this size and no cash flow generating assets? Hostile takeovers are done to redeploy tangible assets in ways that management do not find favorable. OPEL is a developmental stage Company and is an awful hostile target.

Is the acquiring Company going to force Geoff Taylor to fulfill his life’s work at U. of Ct. and then take his IP, or would Geoff just quit and take his future IP developments with him?

Warm regards,

Christopher Chu
Director"

My further Query

"Thanks for the quick reply.

Isn't the value of Poet technologies the value of the patents?
Would that not be a reason for takeover. Goef stated the value at 10Billion in an interview
with 133M shares the cost of a takeover is only about 65M dollars for that valuation?
Isn't that pocket change for the likes of Intel or Apple?
I found this link describing the Shareholders Rights Plan ("poison pill") Article 4 Flip-in event Page 23

http://www.opelinc.com/documents/other/ShareholdersRightsPlan-21May09.pdf

Is that still in effect?"

His Reply:

"The patents are valuable however that isn’t the key driver in the story. The key driver is getting a near finished proof of concept that puts all the individual milestones together into a scalable fully functioning GAAS chip. The aforementioned rights plan is still in effect. It’s not something that investor’s have to worry about right now. The focus should be on management working through one of their options to monetize POET.

Warm regards,

Christopher Chu

Director"

Apr 02, 2015 02:38AM
Apr 02, 2015 02:51AM
Apr 02, 2015 03:06AM
Apr 02, 2015 07:14AM
Apr 02, 2015 07:22AM
Apr 02, 2015 08:23AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply