Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Give me a Break!!

I tend to agree that something significant is about to happen, and I really hope it is soon, tomorrow would be great. If something is not up, how can any of the following make sense?

From the Financials regarding the installation issue with the equipment "installed in late 2014 that was malfunctioning". So the equipment was malfunctioning from late 2014 until the last week of March.

1) From the Oct 22 NR "The Company recently reported a contractual effort with a "3rd party foundry" to accelerate the transition from "Lab-to-Fab" of the POET technology to a manufacturing status at the 6" wafer scale." OK, so maybe they had not received the equipment yet that had issues, but is this not already speaking to "to-Fab", so what does that have to do with equipment at UCONN?

2) Also from the Oct 22 NR in reference to Synopsys "We are encouraged by our progress on the PDK development and our level of collaboration with the Synopsys team. This level of modeling is synergistic to our parallel efforts with our 3rd party foundry on the development of 100-nm and 40-nm process flow". OK, so what does this have to do with equipment at UCONN, not to mention "encouraged by our progress"?

3) From the Jan 8 NR "POET recently reported a contractual effort with a "3rd party foundry" to accelerate the transition from "Lab-to-Fab" of the POET technology to a manufacturing status at the 6" wafer scale." OK, so why is an equipment issue relevant to any progress at the "3rd party foundry"? My understanding from "In a parallel development at the UCONN lab, a new additional sputter tool was received and accepted." is that work happens at both the UCONN Lab and the "3rd party foundry", in parallel.

4) From the Feb 10 NR "The Company completed its "3rd Party Foundry" 40/100-nm transfer milestone consisting of completing the critical layers of the Transistor Fabrication Process". OK, so in Feb the equipment issues (which started 2 months or so before this) did not cause any issues with this? Now it is an issue causing delays?

5) From the March 30 NR in reference to contract with BAE Systems "The current phase of the work will be performed between March 2015 and August 2015. Key objectives of the collaboration include process transfer, prototype builds and design enablement kit development." OK, so on March 30 POET is ready for the Lab to the Fab so BAE can start working on it in March, yet the equipment failure was resolved "in the last week of March 2015". OK, so that really does not make sense in terms of timing.

6) All recent news releases, the Corporate presentation, etc., etc., and no mention of an equipment issues from late 2014 to last week of March. Recently PC was going to do a BNN interview then a week later decided not to (yet the equipment failure had been going on since late 2014). Give me a break, this does not make sense!!

Give me a break, if something is not up, how can any of the following make sense?

Good luck!!

New Message
Please login to post a reply