Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

@Smoothsailing,

You invited comment, so here I go...

"1. It would be highly unusual for a company (even POET) to appoint someone to an internal committee only to announce him as President three or four weeks later. This simply doesn`t make any sense. You will recall the announcement of Mr. Blevins was strange in itself as it included no resume to support this particular appointment which only encouraged this board to do its own research and thus the Apple connection."

Why would this be unusual? I do think it's odd that they announced Tony's inclusion on the TRAB without any introduction. It was as though they needed to make his participation public for some urgent reason which still eludes us. I'm just not sure that we can say this is unusual or even illogical without anything in reference to the norm.

"2. It makes even less sense that Apple would allow a current VP to sit on this committee without any legal or binding relationship in the form of a licensing agreement, first right of refusal or ownership position. Did Blevins really work for Apple three weeks ago"

But they did. And yes, he did work for Apple. If you are asking if he quit before the TRAB announcement, that may be. But POET hasn't divulged any info one way or the other so so we are left to speculate if his participation suggests a partnership with Apple or if he quit the most renowned tech company in the world to advise or lead a startup. Either way, we're in great shape!

"2. (sic) Mr. Blevin`s background at Apple is in Procurement, Supply Chain. It would be again highly unusual for his next step to be as CEO of a disruptive technology company. Other than being a VP at Apple what would qualify him for this role. Ajit would know as many if not more of the key semi people as Mr Blevins and would very likely be far more knowledgeable of the tech, licensing agreements etc"

Sorry to be rude, but are you serious? His experience is PERFECT for leading POET. VPs becoming CEOs would be common, not unusual. Blevins is technical, but he's a manager. He helped coordinate the development of the iPhone, the most important product in Apple's history.

"3. In less than three weeks POET has twice been announced as a guest on BNN and both times the appearance was abruptly cancelled with no explanation from POET itself. On this most recent occasion the appearance was cancelled within hours of appearance. Very very unprofessional and would suggest horrible planning. You do not make this same mistake twice in a month."

There is doubt that POET was at fault. Also, we are talking about an appearance on BNN. This is hardly an integral part of POET's strategy for monetization.

"4. There has been absolutely nothing from the company since the financials were released two weeks ago and we have been left to do what we do best, speculate on everything from the next CEO to $100 billion buyouts. Buried in the financials was a mention of delayed milestones as a result of equipment installation problems and I for one was left feeling a little queasy as to whether we got the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

I'm not sure why any of this is a problem. It sounds like you are complaining that POET didn't tell us sooner that there were delays. I'm trying to imagine the market response to an announcing a delay when the problem hadn't been solved. I'd much rather hear that there *was* a problem and now it's solved. Granted, I wouldn't put out an updated CP until I knew that my timelines were as accurate as possible.

"5. In early February at the CIC conference, PC suggested all the ducks were in line for the march to the NASDAQ. SO far the ducks have been Tony Blevins on TRAB without any resume stated justifying the appointment and the appointment of two new directors."

More to come, I'm sure. Probably something that will prompt PC to show up on BNN in the near future.

I hope this response is welcome. I'm not trying to be argumentative for its own sake, but to continue a fruitful discussion.

New Message
Please login to post a reply