Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Ok, I'll put my two cents in in this. There have been innumerable posts with every possible opinion, side of the coin, positive, negative, funny, sad, reflective, melancholy, desperate, frustrated, on topic, off topic, sport,dog, political related, cheers, jeers, insults and platitudes abound, since I have been an active member here. Few did not receive at least one thumbs up. The reason why a person gives a thumbs up is never known. I have given thumbs up even when I disagree with a post but think it holds value in the discussion. I have given thumbs up because I agree with what is said. I have given thumbs up because it is funny and I think people should read it because of that. So-called negative posts and those that give thumbs up can not be tracked in the way you are considering doing so FJ. The reason is because your assumption that those giving thumbs up are endorsing, agreeing or attempting to cause a negative downward pressure on the sp can not be validated. People give thumbs up for their own reasons as I have noted above for myself. It is impossible to determine motives in such a forum. As well, what you suggest by outing posters for what you deem as support for the posts you interpret as negative is tantamount to being watched by big brother. With all due respect, this is an exercise in futility that will, in my opinion, will only breed distrust and make this board worse off. I understand that you would like to control the world you created, but at some point, that desire can appear as overreaching and totalitarian. What you have created here is terrific. Many who post here have provided tremendous value and insight to the rest. With a firm but gentle hand, guidance and civility can be maintained better than setting rat traps everywhere. So can we please move on? IMHO. Sincerely. Derekwpg
New Message
Please login to post a reply