Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

shessorry re: "I'm confused by what you mean here? Are you saying, for example a company with about 200 million shares OS/float will not attract investors? If so, how do you explain intc with about 4Billion shares float?"

What I mean is that a "start-up" company, pre-revenue, R&D, or whatever we want to call POET might seem to have a lot of outstanding shares in the eyes of some large potential investors, and therefore a RS might be beneficial. It is not apples to apples to compare the number of outstanding shares for a mature company such as INTC that has been in business for a long time. Certainly POET after decades would have billions of outsanding shares after dilution caused by splits, financing, options, etc. This is normal.

At 42:42 of the CIC presentation, an attendee asks "How come you have so many shares?" and Peter responds "Yes, so the reason we have so many shares is unfortunately when I came on board the company was distressed financially.", etc.

This is why I think some potential investors may prefer to see the number of outstanding shares reduced (e.g. RS). Not a big deal, just an opinion/observation.

Good luck!!

New Message
Please login to post a reply