Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

@gilver "...there might still be an application or process for POET in the solar arena?"

Taylor was very excited about the possibilities within the solar space. He suggested that POET could integrate the inverters into the solar panels giving you AC directly without a separate assembly of inverters.

I didn't realize the cost savings of this idea until I read some comments attached to one of the articles covering Elon Musk's recent announcement. One person complained about the cost of the battery itself, but especially the solar panels requiring a $50k investment, plus the inverters which he said would add another $15k. I really don't know enough to verify these figures for an average home, but if this is correct, imagine shaving $!5k off of a $65k installation! This would require additional costs because the panel would be in GaAs instead of Si, but you wouldn't need as many panels either.

POET will definitely be back in the solar space eventually.

New Message
Please login to post a reply