Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Jun 19, 2015 11:45AM
Jun 19, 2015 12:50PM
Jun 19, 2015 01:16PM

Rainer, for the vast, vast majority of investors, it's too difficult to know as much as one needs to know in order to follow what WB says. And I don't know the last time WB was invested in only a handful of companies.

Look, I added shares this week (and I really didn't need to, but...), and I'm definitely sold on the limited downside and the fantastic potential of Poet. But when the consequences of something unexpected are great, even if the chance of same is small, one should be cautious. It's fine if it stings mightily if POET were not to make it, but, IMO, it's unacceptable behavior if failure causes a financial near-death experience, especially if you have others who rely upon you financially.

The fact that Doc Taylor had so long ago come up with his concepts and has worked them in sub-optimal conditions and gotten as far as he has, and now we get this IBM announcement, what does that tell you about this man? Someone said "tunnel vision" - if anything, Taylor sees in Panavision. Someone so brilliant to be where he was at the time he was there can say that "all roads lead to Poet" and he may well have figured that out scientifically and objectively - he does not seem to deal in the world of fantasy or run-away emotions, if anything, he's quite the opposite.

Jun 19, 2015 03:46PM
mo
Jun 20, 2015 12:05AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply