Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Poor weather day here in Montréal, but an ideal day for some DD.

I came across a video on TED website.

The title : The single biggest reason why startups succeed

The speaker is Bill Gross, of Idealab who founded more than 100 companies. Many were successful and many were failures.

After analysing the reasons for success or failure, he came up with five factors that contributed :

- Idea

- Team

- Business model

- Funding

- Timing

As a Poet shareholer, my first thought was to evaluate Poet in regard of these factors.

I think it's fair to say that Poet obtains high notes for all factors. A genius idea, lead by a solid team with a detailed busines plan, with enough money in a time when silicon is showing less return on investment (ROI).

Bill Gross then went on to rate those factors. With 28%, the third most important factor for a startup success is the "idea". The second is the "team". And the #1 is "TIMING!"

Now I like even more what Ajit is reported to have said at the AGM : "There won't be any time for a honeymoon!"

For those who have 6 min 40 to spare, you can watch the entire video here :

http://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gross_the_single_biggest_reason_why_startups_succeed#t-79044

Have a good sunday!

New Message
Please login to post a reply