Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Shandlar: "They [POET Technologies] are already selling switches for the mobile market that outperform the theoretical max of silicon (higher switching Hz, at a much much lower power) and far outstrip what was commercially available before them."

Shandlar: "But they [POET Technologies] are already selling products, with their 40nm process ramping to volume production to start shipping in November. They must have solved the problem to at least some degree."

This is either utter bullshit, because if POET were selling something, the revenues should have shown up in the financials. Or POET started selling just recently; then the Q2 financial statements – due 2015-08-31 – should reveal that. Shandlar also would have to have some insider knowledge, either from POET Technologies themselves or from another company involved further downstream.

At this stage I'd rather tend to believe the former, i.e. the bullshit theory, although I'd love to be wrong, of course. It makes me thinking that Shandlar is rather specific regarding volume shipping starting in November, which could imply first small volumes now. I wouldn't rule that out completely. And it would go perfectly in line with POET's customer-specific, non-disclosed milestones which could have required rescheduling of public milestone.

All this is speculative, though much more likely than any POET-IBM-GlobalFoundries conspiracy theory. However, I would like to see a confirmation by a second source. Hm.

New Message
Please login to post a reply