Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Years ago I switched from PC to Apple. A week after I received my Mac, Apple brought out a new, improved model. I called customer support and complained. They said "pack it up, send it back and we'll send you a new model".

IBM can announce that they can do... whatever... "in theory". Nobody will postpone buying a new product because a better product will be available at some point in the future "in theory".

POET, as we all know, has moved out of the "in theory" zone into the "in practice" zone. Stealth mode is required for one simple reason: inventory. No large company will announce that they will have a product that will blow the doors off every other product until that new product's arrival is imminent.

The stealth we are witnessing is not a bunch of kids with a decoder ring. It involves very big companies considering conquest and/or survival.

We won't hear anything until a product is imminent. I don't think it will be much longer but the stakes are very high indeed.

All IMHO of course.

GLTA

New Message
Please login to post a reply