Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Jul 21, 2015 10:11AM
Jul 21, 2015 10:15AM
mo
Jul 21, 2015 10:15AM
Jul 21, 2015 10:23AM
mo
Jul 21, 2015 10:32AM
Jul 21, 2015 10:34AM
Jul 21, 2015 10:35AM
Jul 21, 2015 10:36AM

mo
Jul 21, 2015 10:45AM
Jul 21, 2015 10:51AM
Jul 21, 2015 11:27AM
Jul 21, 2015 11:34AM
Jul 21, 2015 11:40AM

"Bottom line is that I think about people like johnyreg and I hope he is not hurting too badly."

Of course a lot more than just Johnnyreg that I know of. Myself, I voiced my concerns in January and how the delay announced then would force me to unwilling start selling a bit at a time. At the same time, I was concerned about the warrants coming up by end of summer and with no deal or revenue announcements coming before, how that would put significant pressure on the SP. This is a big concern to those in a similar position as I, but perhaps not to those shareholders able to weather yet another unexpected storm. I wonder how Pinetree feels about having to sell prematurely? At least they are a corporation and not a family!

The following is how I saw things in January and its killing me to see that we are still in the same boat:

http://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/634977-a-sad-day-if-you-have-no-choice-but-to-sell/messages/1992045#message

I managed to find a way to hold off thinking for sure that at this point I would be selling only a small chunk at a much, much higher price, while riding the rest on the $70 club express. Yes, I have always believed its possible, though I don't claim to be a member until proof of some serious commercialization in conjunction with my long-standing strong presumption that we will be purchased long before that.

I could never imagine at the time that we would still be trading at this level - mid-2015 at a buck and change? Is this me being too optimistic at the time? Was it because even I bought into the bold predictions that permeated this board day after day. It is clear that no amount of DD without being an insider can make predictions on timelines any more accurate or give you any real information on whats going on behind closed doors. In fact employees of the company cannot predict when they will be done so how can we? In my company we have two projects that are currently a year behind schedule. I understand where POET is coming from, but for pete's sake, Copetti don't tell your investors a completion date, be it via CP update, news release or investor presentation that milestones are expected to be achieved in the same quarter you make the statement, and then miss them 2-3 quarters in a row. Better off not saying anything and keep investors on their toes and avoid the unnecessary damage being done. I think I made the same statement 2-3 years ago but nothing has changed, regardless of who has been in charge.

What I have learned about following both stockhouse and now agoracom over the last 12-14 years for various stocks is that reading these boards leaves you with the feeling that we end up knowing more than we really do which leads us to a communal predetermined path we expect the company will take, which rarely plays out the same. Through all the outstanding DD performed and shared in 2011-13, could anyone predict we would be still be in this position today? Thats all I'll say about that. Time to enjoy the rest of summer as best as possible.

Enjoy the ride folks (wherever it takes us) and continue to employ Patience™ if you are still in a position to do so. I really do hope all the tech magic that most of us are confident is occuring behind closed doors is revealed soon to those who have a lot riding on it. Whether we share the same opinions or not, we all deserve it!

Jul 21, 2015 09:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply