Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I've received many PMs so I'll just try and answer them with a post.

The way I look at it, I trust in Suresh, Subhash & Ajit to have enough experience in oder to commercialize at least one of the many verticals POET offers. To me these guys are beyond capable of recognizing valid technologies and implementing them in the marketplace. They have over 75 years of combined experience doing just that, identify & commercialize.

I have confidence that this team will at the very least double the company's value, that is my personal investment risk/reward ratio. I do believe it to be a "multi-bagger", but for now, the company more than meets my investment goals. I've come to understand that what POET is trying to achieve is nothing less than monumental, there are so many pieces to the puzzle, these things take time.

I do sympathize with investor fatigue, I've been following for close to 2 years, I get it. Unfortunately, looking back on it now, I don't think the company ever really had the means to comercialize before Ajit, Subhash & Suresh. POET definitely has always had potential, but I think now with the combined team experience, it's possible to asume they have a realistic high probability of monetizing their processes.

To me that's why the share price is irrelevant, I'm confident they can at least double the company's market-cap and that my 1.43$/share average was a good bet. I won't sell on share price, I'll sell on risk/reward ratios, but that's my style of investing as well, and you have yours.

When? I don't know, soon enough I think.

Milestones? We'll get them when we get them. I think they're a question of when, not if. To me, the milestones are well within their scope of abilities, I'm not worried about the possibility of them not achieving these milestones. For their release, I think there's much more to it than purely technical achievements, there's a whole business side to it as well.

Doesn't the company have a moral obligation to tell us what's going on? Nope, but they have a regulatory-fiduciary responsibility that they've upheld.

Share price? We don't have revenue, everything is speculative. Stocks go up, stocks go down.

Your emotions shouldn't be attached to the share price, your logic should determine the value.

I'm going to recommend this book again, "One up on Wall Street" by Peter Lynch. It's a great perspective from a long time professional money manager, with a very honest explanation of the investment business. I highly recommend it to everyone, seasoned investors and rookies a like. It's helped my perspective and understanding, I think many on this board would benefit.

Experienced or not, investing is a state of mind, without the proper mind set you'll get crushed.

Jul 22, 2015 05:28PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply