Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Aug 12, 2015 03:21PM

In fairness to Junkers, posting that article is relevant as it is a publication pertaining to the company (no matter how skewed or one sided). Even though most of us see through it, I "recommended" it (even though I don't agree with it) as it is good to know of any publications out there, good or bad.

Dr. Taylor is a man of 70 years. POET is the end result of his life's work and he may just be fortunate enough to see it come to light. That said, he is human and may simply have some intent to seek retirement of some sort at his age.

It is probably safe to say that after many years bringing his technology to this point, that he won't simply walk away. However, assuming he has achieved what he set out to do, it isn't too far fetched to think he may like to have a little breather at this point in his life.

The company, rightfully concerned with backlash that may come from his full departure, may have likely offered a directors position so that he can still guide and oversee his work. That said, he may still be very hands-on, guiding the existing work or possibly giving direction for future generations of technology. He may even have requested the change. He's no spring chicken. A little less stress in his life might keep him around much longer!

I think the company would most gladly keep him on in some capacity so long as he was willing. He is the poster child for the technology and the company. None of it would exist without him.

The positive/realistic view of this shuffle sounds much more rational, than the article attempts to spin it.

Aug 12, 2015 05:48PM
Aug 12, 2015 10:44PM
Aug 12, 2015 11:47PM
Aug 12, 2015 11:55PM
Aug 13, 2015 12:19AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply