Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

"Gessh scary, if people being hired at your company are taking closer to 6 months to be productive, maybe your hiring selection committee should be replaced"

Blacktoad,

Curious, how many tech companies you have worked for?... and I'm talking about the type that deal with multi-billion dollar customers that require insane security protocols, and that produce solutions with extremely complicated architecture and database schemas. Complex solutions that are solved with millions of lines of code, integrating all kinds of tools and leading-edge technologies to meet high demands of customers. Talent and time is required to achieve this. Our HR is just fine. POET's complexity is parallel to this, mainly due to the fact that it is breaking new ground, but is a hardware problem being solved that brings about different challenges that most often take incredible amounts of time and money to get a working and valuable product to market.

As FJ stated, licensing IP is very likely still in the cards, and could happen sooner, especially on the military side, but the topic here is bringing commercial products using POET to market. I am not here to try to convince anyone one way or another rather share what we could expect if this is the new plan. Whats wrong with weighing the pros and cons of building your own products vs licensing? It doesn't hurt to take everything into account. It can hurt not to.

Why is that folks like oogee (pure class act), and the handful that PMed me thanking me for my thoughts can have a rational and intelligent conversation without jumping to conclusions around what to expect both short term and long term?

Blacktoad, how many of Sula's bullet points reiterating company statements in his response to me (except for the last one regarding wafers) were already said in some form last year? It doesn't hurt to scrutinize a bit. Heck, some of us would have double the number of shares by now, myself included. Shame on me.

Blacktoad, I leave you with the best question for last. When you were at the AGM this year, how long did Suresh say it would take roughly to build a POET device? Note, it hasn't been discussed here as far as I know.

Please have a little more respect to your fellow posters, especially if you know very little about them, and you yourself are owning your first and last stock, as you say. There are a lot of excellent folks on here that are all striving for the same outcome. Lets work together and be willing to discuss with the end goal for everyone to make the most informed decision possible with their investment.

New Message
Please login to post a reply