Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Investor Fatigue - Bet on the jockey, not the horse

Hi everyone,

I rarely contribute on this forum, but I do read it almost daily. Anyways, like some of you, I have been invested in Opel/PTK for 5+ years. I've had the opportunity to play some of the price swings, but I've always only ever added to my position.

To me, if there was a defining moment with PTK that told me there might be something here it's when Ajit joined. Obviously seeing the rest of the management team come onboard was further 'proof', but my thoughts were that you don't have the former CEO of Global Foundaries join your little Canadian tech startup unless there's a story there.

Anyways, fast-forward a few years and we've yet to see a technical paper clearly outlining the capabilities of POET and/or the VCSEL,a nd certainly have not seen a tech demo yet. Our share price is not great, and the silence in the last 5-6 months is almost eerie.

Why am I still here? I'm betting the jockey. This management team is world class. People like this don't leave established careers with heavy-weight companies to risk it all on a startup unless they've looked behind the curtain, and I firmly believe they've looked behind that curtain and realized there's huge potential here.

I intend to maintain my shares in this company until 1 of 2 events: 1) Ajit or Suresh leave without a damn good explanation, or 2) I'm filthy rich.

Certainly this was no technical analysis, but I feel the day to day swings of .10 cents will be farts in the wind 5-10 years from now when we start seeing $10 daily swings. This is the most compelling venture stock I've come across in years.

Glta,

Leth-

New Message
Please login to post a reply