Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I have had many jobs in my 43 years. One was working in a men's clothing store in Calgary. I'm We sold many mid and high-end garments. We would even do made-to-measure suits. I loved that aspect of the business. Creating a true one of a kind article for that special client. I enjoyed the process in particular.

We usually had already wooed the client through previous interactions and discussions and perhaps sales that may have been when one worked at different stores. Needless to say, trust had already been established. That trust and the fine quality of the fabrics and tailoring, made those with the financial means, able to dress like few others. But first, one established the clients needs. Options would then be offered to see the style and fabrics the client gravitated to. Once we had a reasonable handle on what worked for them and the occasion for the clothing, we started having them try some things on for size. As things progressed we would eventually have a mock-up of the (usually a) suit and have the client leave a deposit. Depending on the complexity of the fitting and the details of the work, we told the client to expect 4-6 weeks for the nearly finished product to arrive. We would always hem the pants in-house. This job helped me appreciate something that the instant generation that I was living in had forgotten. Quality, custom made items require time, great skill, high quality materials, and an order of operations to make it all come together. That stuck with me.

POET, IMHO, has the right Taylor in place, the right sales/management team to woo the big clients and the right manufacturers of all of the required fabrics for any taste and style. We just need a little more time. I am over simplifying things here but alow me to digress a tad more. I believe that the lag time for the first products will be in the range of three months from orders being placed. Even just replacing cables requires project management. This is no small undertaking. So the clients have to get their ducks in a row. Once planned, the custom made suit (cables) can be manufactured while facilities can prep for the arrival of the new equipment.

I'll stop blabbing but not before I get to the meat here. I believe there is enough mentioned in the last series of news releases to indicate we are ahead of projected targets. With that, I believe we could receive our first actual orders as early as end of March. That would mean we could have delivered goods as early as June. As has been pointed out numerous times, we need revenues. NREs IMO are for the second and third custom suits. Not the first one. We prove the tech with the low hanging fruit and create great interest for more. Then we dress those ducks with the finest wares available.

Smiles everyone. Smiles.

Regards.

Derekwpg

New Message
Please login to post a reply