Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Mack said:

"I wonder why the Chinese company is allowed to proceed in anonymity while IIVI is known to everyone. Knowing "who" would go a long way to knowing "why"."

I agree, however, I noticed a line in the latest Anadigics NR:

"Although the Company's Board of Directors believes that there remain certain outstanding issues in connection with the February 1, 2016 Party B Proposed Amendment that need to be resolved for the protection of the Company and its stockholders, the Board of Directors, after consultation with its financial and legal advisors, determined in good faith that the February 1, 2016 Party B Proposed Amendment constitutes an acquisition proposal that could reasonably be expected to lead to a Superior Offer, as defined in the previously announced January 15, 2016 agreement and plan of merger that the Company entered into with II-VI Incorporated ("II-VI") and an affiliate thereof (the "II-VI Merger Agreement"). (My bold.)

Is there any speculation as regards to the "affiliate"? Is this just some sort of legalese or does the II-VI offer have secrets as well?

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/02/02/807082/0/en/ANADIGICS-Announces-That-It-Continues-to-Negotiate-With-a-Competing-Bidder.html

GLAL

New Message
Please login to post a reply