Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

17 February 2016

20:27

I regularly brief a small group of friends who have bought PTK shares on the basis of my enthusiasm for POET. Such is the historic pattern of trading following news, that we have become to expect the share price to drop following news and then, I assume because the realisation of the effects of good news takes time to sink in, the share price slowly recovers and progresses. I was thus able to warn my little cohort to expect that the SP was likely to drop following the CC then recover and hopefully move on. This has been the standard pattern since I have been here and should be no surprise to any long but understandably initially disappointing to more recent posters perhaps.

Yes, I would have liked to see more detail in the CC regarding the prospect of revenue on the basis of the promise of more granularity. As the previous CC had given some indications of when was expected I thought more detail would appear. I have not checked in detail but get the impression nothing new was released

Despite the above, I am sure the company models its potential revenue on the basis of reasonable expectation, how else would they know that there were sufficient funds for seven Quarters to see us through I ask.

As regards the modelling of my own plans for dealing with PTI revenue and SP growth. I wisely did not put an order in for a new Sula at this years London Boat Show. I suspect that January 2017 might also be too early given need for significant multiplier of capital invested. Then I do sense that the mania Eileen described cannot be ruled out which could accelerate plans for a new Sula. I sold Sula for £10 thanks to an introduction Abel100 sent me who proved to be a chap as enthusiastic about trimaranes as I was, I remain as a sleeping partner and will still sail her at her new home in Cornwall.

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply