Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

This is the first time I recall seeing this individual on Linkedin as a Poet Employee, what is very telling to me is the description of his duties at Poet.

Yan Zhang Researcher at POET Technologies https://www.linkedin.com/in/yan-zhang-7a16296

Principal Photonic/Electric Researcher

POET Technologies
July 2012 – Present (4 years 1 month)San Jose, CA

• Provided design guidelines for Planar OptoElectronic Technologies (POET), i.e., monolithic integration of photonic circuits including 850nm/980nm transmitter, receiver, driver and other optoelectronic components on the same III-V MBE/MOCVD grown epitaxial wafer.
• Led optical design and characterization effort of POET devices using RSOFT, MATLAB and COMSOL. Characterized and optimized VCSEL/Detector cavity to improve device bandwidth and gain enhancement factor.
• Led device modeling effort using Synopsys Sentaurus, MATLAB, Agilent ADS to enable predication and optimization of electrical and optical performance of FETs, VCSEL and detector.
• Designed test setup/procedure and performed measurement for DC/RF characteristics of optical detectors by using lensed fiber to couple light into on chip detector. Created GUI Test Bench using MATLAB to improve test efficiency and facilitate data representation and analysis.
• Worked with team members to define process conditions, design rules and mask layouts based on test/modeling results and materials analysis.
• Designed fiber optic coupler array using RSOFT, an innovative packaging technique for photonic integrated circuits.
• Designed and developed Phase Locked Laser Array to expand usage and product space for POET devices which helped fundraising on Annual Shareholder Meeting in 2014
• System administration for Linux/Windows server.

New Message
Please login to post a reply