Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Jul 18, 2016 10:09AM

I understand your point JTB and agree that the right news could be the start of movement in the right direction.

I prefer to look at younger/smaller growing companies such as Acacia Communications (a leading provider of high-speed coherent optical interconnect products) as an example that Poet could follow, then overtake! Of course, keep in mind, the Poet Platform addresses many other applications/verticals too.

Its IPO was in early May 2016, at $23. It is trading over $57 today with a Market Cap of almost $2.2B (The P/E is 212).

Its revenue has grown from

2013 $78M

2014 $146M

2015 $239M

2016 $???

I too, think Poet's share price could rise substantially in short order depending on the initial news release that reveals industry buy-in of the technology.

We have been told via the Poet website that "We are driving development and growth around three verticals – Data Communications, Sensing and Displays"....

The initial pop in the share price could be quite significant if Poet can deliver "soon" in each vertical.

Jul 18, 2016 03:11PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply