Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

00:03:33 Ajit Manocha: But going back the last 12 months, so we brought a rock star, our CEO [applause]. We brought a lot of strong people on our team, and also we brought several new members of the board from Silicon Valley. And the most important thing for all these people, they all have a proven track record, a proven track record of running small companies, large companies from startup to IPOs. You look at the background, exciting background!

00:05:40 Ajit Manocha: So we have a plan, we have a strategy, we know which way we need to go. Now that has happened. And the next 12 months I told you about, how we will take these companies and integrate them. So the most important challenge for us for the next 90 days or 100 days plan, is to integrate these three companies together. And that’s really the most important task, because you have probably read in many business books that 90 percent of the M&As are not very effective or very successful. We don’t want to be part of those 90 percent. We want to be part of the 10 percent. And I normally don’t want to brag about myself, but I would say that I have done more than 20 M&As myself in my previous lives, and I’m really totally focused to support Suresh and the team. But not only me! There are half a dozen board members involved in some form of steering the ten worst themes of integration. So we want to make sure that integration is done in a perfect way so that we can benefit and leverage all the IP of the products that we are putting into the market.

00:06:47 So integration plan, that's one thing. Secondly, what we hear all the time, people talk about business plan: "What’s the business plan?“ In my opinion people make a business plan and then say "let’s go and work on that.“ I think with our background where Suresh and I worked together in a previous life also, we started with a customer plan. Suresh is visiting customer by customer in the next 90 days or 100 days, getting input from customers and pull the business plan based on the customer’s plans, customers‘ input. It’s not something that you can pull from the sky and say "this is what I’m going to do, guys.“ I tell you, in the next 90 days, say "Oops, sorry, I missed.“ So I won’t give you the financial guidance until we have the customers plan integrated with our business plan. Right?

00:09:15 Jerry Rodrigues: Now what the company brings is what I call best in class technologies, a huge talent pool from the far east in Singapore, well protected, of course, because government regulations are very similar to those in North America. So our technologies will be pretty well kept. But I think more so than all of this it is the combined resources of the two companies that I think will give us a quantum leap in where we want to be to support Ajit and his vision.

00:22:15 Suresh Venkatesan: In terms of people, we’ve got people now on the team that, you know, with BB Photonics, fantastic gentleman, I wish he could be here today, but we only closed the deal at about 7 o’clock last night, so it was pretty hard for me to get him here this morning. But Bill Ring, 20 plus years of experience, with Hewlett-Packard and multiple other companies building laser products, he has designed and manufactured and built laser products all his life. With Yee-Loi and Yuen-Chuen in Singapore having 15-20 years of experience, extremely well recognized in their field.

00:22:51 We’ve basically now amalgamated talent that we couldn’t even dream about two, three months ago before we got into the acquisitions. We now have the people with tremendous respect in the industry and tremendous expertise to be able to take new technologies out into the market.

00:54:45 Suresh Venkatesan: Technologists: Like I said, we’re now starting to acquire in incredibly capable, incredibly smart people, and I’m literally tickled pink to be able working with folks like Jerry and Yee-Loy and Yuen-Chuen in Singapore and now Bill in New Jersey and Mirek in Canada, perfect people who’ve been in the industry for a very long time, very successful at what they’ve done. We also have got an infrastructure for growth in a low-cost region of the world, especially for manufacturing.

01:06:47 Suresh Venkatesan: Customer focus: At the end of thef day, we’re not going to be successful without happy customers, and I think our goal over the next 30, 60, 90 days is to go worldwide and blitz a bunch of customers, talk about POET, talk about DenseLight, talk about our combined company, the advantages that they will have continuing to work with us. Talk about our stable balance sheet, our ability to invest and grow with a customer focus and leverage our established supply chain. I think Jerry and team have got a really good supply chain with contract manufacturers in Taiwan, Korea and China. So when the POET technology is ready and available, our ability to go to these CM’s and get our job done, I mean we’ve already got negotiated contracts and tie-ins and infrastructure set up there.

01:19:11 Ajit Manocha: I think, if I may add to this, there are a lot of synergies also. If we were stand alone POET we’d have to invest in the supply chain, the distribution centers, the sales team – we have it now. So that’s the synergistic sailing that will benefit from that. Plus, it accelerates our path. And, of course, for the next fiscal quarter we’ll have a complete overview of the financial plans which we’ll be sharing every quarter. We can have the business plan and put it on the table, but I think the business plan is to be validated by the customer plan which I talked about in the introduction. And that’s where the times that Suresh and Jerry are spending visiting all of our top customers, actually we’re going to visit every single customer, small or big, and understand the customer plan and what the plan is for this quarter and for the next quarter and the next year and the next five years.

01:36:36 Suresh Venkatesan: We will put together a promotion plan again. We’ve had some roadshows, non-deal roadshows, and now that we’ve got these acquisitions done – I was extremely busy over the past quarter, as you might imagine, trying to get these buttoned up – that we’ll now start putting together another plan. Our intent is to visit customers so we are going to be in various regions across the world over the next 30, 45 days, 60 days, in Asia and Europe, and I think it would be good for us to align calendars at that point in time and establish both of those accordingly while we’re out there visiting customers anyway.

https://rainerklute.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/audio-transcript-poet-technologies-town-hall-meeting-toronto-2016-05-17/

New Message
Please login to post a reply