Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I found this quote to be interesting. Would be great to have one of the techies break it down and explain what it is that POET has achieved and proven, compared to what they are working on now. I understand from this quote that they have proven the VCSEL works in a lab environment. Now they are just trying to make it work in a real world, mass production scenrario? If this is the case, I think we are much closer to a "when" rather than "if" for a mass produced optimized VCSEL. Any comments/input are appreciated.

POET has already demonstrated electrical functionality of the VCSEL with desired thyristor characteristics and demonstrated lasing modes through optical pumping of the VCSEL cavity (in other words light emission was detected on the epitaxial wafer surface). However in order to enable electrical pumping of the VCSEL, the team has had to redesign some aspects of the epitaxial stack. VCSEL functionality was previously verified in a lab setting and the functionality of that original laser has been retested and reconfirmed.

New Message
Please login to post a reply