Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: "no one else can provide it at the levels that we can"

Anyone listen to ACIA CC tonight? we are in China

The need for integration in data centers

00:39:48 Suresh Venkatesan: The need for integration in data centers is pretty clear. You talk to data center providers, they don’t really care what you use, all they really care about is dollars: "Please move my data from point A to point B for as few cents as you possibly can. I don’t care how you do it.“ So it’s up to us to figure it out – how are we going to be able to provide that capability to these data center users that gives them the lowest dollars per gigabit that they can get.

00:40:16 Typically they don’t even want to talk to you unless you have a new solution that can provide them with this cost differentiation which, thankfully, we have. So it is very easy for me to have this conversation with them. I’m not talking to them about business as usual. We’re talking to them about a very different and differentiated way to do business, where we can lower the total cost of adoption and the total cost of solution.

00:40:38 – It is true when we had the conversation with the BB Photonics IP where we talked to them about it and they’re like „Oh, I can see how this is going to lower my costs“. So they don’t want to talk to you unless you’re there telling them how you are going to lower their costs.

00:40:50 And that’s why integration is important. Because you go back 30 years in semiconductors: if you can integrate and lower your costs, if you can integrate and lower your power, it’s all about integration. And so I think that’s the biggest reason why we want to position our company as an integrative photonics company, because the moment you say integrative photonics, that also means lower costs, lower power, and size, weight, and all of the things that come with it. But I think it usually has that connotation with customers that says we’re here providing a differentiated solution on cost that heretofore didn’t exist and no one else can provide it at the levels that we can.

https://rainerklute.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/audio-transcript-poet-technologies-town-hall-meeting-toronto-2016-05-17/

New Message
Please login to post a reply