Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I do not think this is a necessary intiative.

Agreed we all want to know more, and get certain elements of NR's clarified or explained in greater detail, but we all just have to wait, like everyone else, for this magical story to unfold. If I have questions I call IR and discuss it one on one, like professional investors do.

We can all put 2 and 2 together and see that the strategic plan is falling, piece by piece, into place. But the smart investors / side line investors want to be confident that the company will not need to do any financing before it becomes a "free cash flowing" entity, before obtaining stock positions.

So there is really only one "acid test" question everyone should be asking themselves.

The company has already made clear in the recent Financial Report that there is enough cash on hand to last until Aug 2017.

The company has also made clear that there will be NRE cash income over the next 8 months. I stress over the next 8 months, not in 8 months.

The company has also indicated that NRE's will be significant.

The company has also indicated they have applied for and expect, significant financial sponsorship from EDB.

The company has also stated that the entire company will be EBITDA positive by Q2 2018 (I suspect this is an under promise, over deliver statement but we must take it at face value).

Current burn rate is circa $1M USD per month. So POET has enough cash to last until Aug 2017 and will be free cash flowing by June 2018 (worst case as per the information published).

So we have a potential theroretical gap of 10 months from when current cash would run out and the company would be free cash flowing. That is about $10M USD assuming no cash comes in until Q2 2018.

So this is the question we must ask ourselves .....

Do you think that the company will be able to generate $10M USD in bottom line cash from EDB and JV NRE's between now and Aug 2017 when current cash on hand runs out?

In my mind, this is a no brainer.

Big Yes. And I think we will start to see it come in this side of Christmas.

Relax and let management execute and deliver.

ST

Sep 01, 2016 08:38AM
Sep 01, 2016 09:35AM
Sep 01, 2016 09:39AM
Sep 01, 2016 09:44AM
Sep 01, 2016 09:45AM
Sep 01, 2016 09:49AM
Sep 01, 2016 12:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply