Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Oct 29, 2016 01:45PM
Oct 29, 2016 01:46PM
Oct 29, 2016 01:58PM
Oct 29, 2016 02:09PM
Oct 29, 2016 02:12PM

Turr wrote:

"One thing for sure the people in on this deal now are not buying to lose money and the sp is going higher $.52 ....a lot higher I think before they try to realizse a gain. The 5 year deal on the warrants may be a good thing and money in the bank because they have 5 years to cash in. Poet could be $70 by then."

Turr, unfortunately for the rest of us, the people in on the deal can easily make money by selling the shares they just purchased for .35 to .40 (assuming they had not already sold them short for well north of .40, and will now cover with the acquired shares). Then, they just sit on the warrants and hope for the best (they have been able to take the "risk" out of the "risk/reward"). Their downside is covered, and they retain the upside.

This has turned out to be a "VV" offering - Vintage Venture. So, I guess part of the freight you pay when raising money on the Venture is selling a bit of your soul. It's sad, and will continue to be sad, even with a good/reasonable explanation from management.

Make no mistake, most of those who will buy into this deal on Wednesday, are going to do as I've described above. Why wouldn't they? It's a perfect deal for them; it's as if someone handed them those warrants for free. All to get a few million - I sure hope it's more than money we're after, as I described earlier, if all they wanted was money, they could have come to the current shareholders and gotten it with less dilution.

But.... it doesn't work that way.

Oct 29, 2016 04:30PM
Oct 29, 2016 04:59PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply