Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

"I think it will move up quickly once they decide it is time to move it and that means everyone has the position they want. I believe that POET will become the standard by which all companies do integrated photonics. One look at the POET management team tells you that it is very real. It is the only reason they are there."

Hey, FJ, you been shopping at Sephora lately? Sorry, couldn't resist!

We are no pig, that's for sure, but you just can't tell by looking at the share price. Management is solid, certainly tech-wise, but it's apparently a tougher road than they thought (geez, I wish they'd asked me!).

I liked your summary re the short position, I just don't view it necessarily as bullish, more neutral. If you're correct that it cost the short(s) $137,000 in losses, then they paid about 0.025 per warrant. I'd guess that warrant is worth around ten cents (put it this way, I'd like to buy those warrants for .10 and dump all my stock at .50 if it gets there). So, if the stock price were to recover to say a buck, the short might exercise early (thus avoiding the risk of the stock going back down), and slowly dump the stock to lock in their profit of almost 20x.

It's also possible that the warrants will eventually be registered and become free trading, so the short could just sell the warrants.

New Message
Please login to post a reply