Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Reading through the quarterly update left me with still unanswered questions.   If they have so much money in the bank, why the urgency for that disastrous financing a month before?   But they now believe they have enough funds to carry on for the next 12 months.   I don't know exactly what the burn rate is, but Poet's last quarter loss, projected over a year amounts to about $million dollars per month.  That is not counting expenditures such as capital purchases.  I think the projection for the next 12 months obviously includes anticipated income in that time period as well.  DenseLight has proved to be a big drain on the treasury.

As stated, the epitaxial wafer supply issue is resolved, so now it's full speed ahead for the VCSEL.   That is hopeful, but unfortunately, I have no sense if any progress had been made in the past months.   And that still leaves me wondering and doubt creeps in.  I was hoping for an optimistic update, for more detail about the VCSEL, some encouraging statement, but Poet has made it clear that details won't be provided for investors, and that no doubt includes VCSEL details.

So, we will survive the next 12 months, and continue hoping that one day, sooner or later, Poet can announce a break through in the VCSEL development.

New Message
Please login to post a reply