Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

FJ, 

If my memory  is correct. didn't SV mention  that there were scheduleing issues at Wavetech. PTI had to wait it's turn with others for process runs. I believe a figure of 6 weeks was motioned  but that may have included the licensing lag too.

All said there is clearly an understanding that duplicate sources of processing and supply will be mandatory to the sucess of ramping up to meet larger marketing  demands of a growing customer base.  Perhaps this is what is also driving the need to be "engaging multiple third' parties.

Take away the horror show of the PO and its consequences which may be seen as being backed into a corner but a necessary act in the best interests to commercialuse POET.  Take away the process flow issues which they are on to and said to be resolved, I would like to think that PTI is at last in a position to gain some momentum.  

Aĺl this ground work is being done to meet customers needs, as management clearly put customers as central to their plans.  If, and there have been many references we have heard to indicate so, there is a growing interest from a customer base, and this company has geared itself properly to meet the demand, I believe 2017 will see first product movement with The POET detector which is already integrated (interesting the hush around the detector) to be followed by the VCSEL AOC Optical engine. 

So FJ do you too feel that if we could only put the pain of apparent loss due to too much focus on lagging SP, that in the background the company has been preparing itself rather well for success in 2017.  

I'll take that for a Christmas present.  

Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.

Sula

Dec 03, 2016 10:21AM
Dec 03, 2016 11:08AM
Dec 03, 2016 09:42PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply