Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

InThisThinRain said, "Is there any evidence that the VCSEL's functionality is optimized to the point where it is already in A*STAR's hands to tinker with? Would this be considered material enough to require a new NR?"

I say research is research and none of us know when it is the time for any research to become material information. I think it becomes material when the result of the research is about to monetize. What will that be? An NRE or joint research by way of investment by an entity --- where they actually throw in the dollars as well; or possibly an agreement for sales of components or the whole thing to an actual customer prepared to profit from this --- therefore, possible license deals. Then, you would have material information. Optimization can still occur further for another generation of product families; that is an ongoing process and not material information, but it is proprietory information in my reasoning. I hope that helps.

Monolithic

New Message
Please login to post a reply