Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Excellent post from Oz succinctly compiled with appropriate references. A template of what we should aim to achieve when informing the board.

What should be realised is that in the silence a strategic approach to developing POET through DLBB is being transacted.  The process of combining BB IP with DL products gives POET DL offerings such a competitive edge that they cannot be ignored by the growing market for these products.  

Compared to the gloom and doom.being peddled, Oz's post demonstrates that there should be real hope that DL can provide the revenue to avoid further dilution.

The link implied with Finisar is but one deal possibility. I feel there is reasonable justification  to believe that there are othes, Particularly as the BB IP allows POET to work with silicon application as a hybrid product offering numerous possibilities for profitable  cooperations. There was a point made about this potential by SV on arrival, it was this quality that had excited him about POET POTENTIAL. 

Finally, linking this with Lumenge's recent ideas and my earlier sound of silence post, there is another PTI stategic thread running re selling and licensing POET IP. What is clear from recent calculations re burnrate is that PTI is not sufficiently financed to develop anything more than the AOC and Detector. Partnerships with major players in the  PIC arena are needed to develop more complex applications which  may well currently exist given the completion of Photonic integration at a fab in January 2017 and whatever conclusions were drawn from the work on PET in August 2015.

My conclusion is that I am getting the distinct impression that this company is beginning to look like two separate entities.  The IP business and the POET DL product busines. Maybe the sale of one element would work towards guarantin the success of the other

Sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply