Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Well, after buying my first block almost eight years ago, and pinching myself when we jumped up to near three bucks, then kicking myself for not selling more as we dropped to where we are now, I think I've seen and heard just about everything concerning Opel/Poet. I recall being at my first AGM in Toronto when they wouldn't take questions from the floor. I recall being told at another AGM that management should be fired if the company is not sold within a year - and that was years ago. I recall watching the milestones chart being filled as Dr Taylor and team at U Conn moved the tech along. I recall seeing the lab working on quatum dots long before anything was announced. Managements have come and gone.

Silly, overly optimistic, yet enthusiastic comments from within the company and elsewhere have been constant over the years. Dot connecting at nauseum. Black out periods. Company silence. Steath modes.

I have said that adoption and execution are what Poet it is about. It seems they are at the forefront of next generation technologies, but they need to make it work, and then they need to convince many that the Poet solution is THE ONE that many are searching for. A paradigm shift in a massive industry. Not easy to accomplish.

Were the Denselight and BB purchases the way to go? I have serious doubts. Seen these type of buys many times before. Focus gets shifted. Unforseen issues always occur. Burn rates jump. Eventually, before adoption and execution, the monies run out. Typicall for start ups in any industry, but moreso in technology.

I'm still here because, all this time, despite doubts and seeming mismanagement, hope has reined supreme. I'm sorry, but at $.30, I'm not sure there is much left.

New Message
Please login to post a reply