Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I agree that today's share price drop was unjustified. It is unjustified when one focusses on the past. At the THM, Ajit Manocha had said that Peter C was in over his head (paraphrased). Fortunately, at that same time, POET acquired Denselight and BB Photonics. Between the lines, they might have been saying but could not say that POET technology is expensive and time-consuming to complete, so they probably thought diversification into nearer revenue streams would be the way for now while they keep trying to optimize POET. Without substantial revenue, to "keep trying" is expensive and requires steady investment. 

I don't feel that any of the POET technology has been shelved, and it will continue with a partner(s) that have resources. In the meantime, our management has a job to do and that is to get the share price up and keep it there as best as they can. We are fortunate that they do have a 'disruptive' discrete parts/ components / products(???) in their InP platform. If we focus our attention on the InP platform, then today's update is quite a success. So on Aug 1-3, 2017 at the CLEO conference, I wonder what kind of a positive announcement we will get. I get a sense that it is going to be quite good and received well by the market --- just a feeling; but, the clarity in their latest presentations is leading me to believe that the absolute worst is behind us and that POET still has tremendous opportunities much closer than they would have ever been if they were only about GAAs. However, it is good that they will seek to partner. They might only get a royalty if someone with deep pockets takes on all the risk, but since they do have patents, they would certainly be able to get a minimum, for example, 6 to 8 percent or more from sales of anything in the GAAs space related to product that would be finalized and developed by a partner or someone wanting this exclusively. Where Peter C could not take us, this team still can monetize in one way or another. Peter C. seemed only to be able to promote, but we still have to give him some credit for keeping POET alive, but I am tired of slick talkers that cannot follow through to completion. But he did manage to turn over the reigns and allow Ajit, Suresh to fix up the damage and bring in others to help right the ship. It takes a lot of skill to do that. Ajit does not need to do all that work any more, but the team he helped put into place has to run with this and they are!

Monolithic

New Message
Please login to post a reply