Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Summary : 1. GaA-Thrystor:tremend... exponential progress

Do you not recall the excitement on this board when the Company announced just a few months ago, in April :

Now we learn that instead of a little more tweaking, a new problem has arisen, - optimizing BICFET based devices.   This terminology and these devices had never been mentioned before.  And we further learn that Poet will not invest any more money into their GaAs projects, and are instead looking for a partner to fund developments. 

Sure, it now seems like a good thing that we have InP products soon for sale.  In hindsight it now looks like the D/L investment was a comparitively brilliant move.

I don't understand why - if the GaAs transceiver/AOC development has been put on hold, while looking for a partner to fund development, why expected revenue from those sources is included in the estimates starting 2018?   Unless they already have a partner locked up, but that was not communicated.   And even if they do find a partner, who knows if the problems Poet encountered can be solved?

I recall the claim, made on Poet's Website,  that the  GaAs solution would save Data Centres $50 million/year.   I and others challenged those figures, and e-mailed the Company,  but that stayed on the Company Website for about another year, until it was finally recinded recently.

So I am very suspicious about revenue claims made, especially those surrounding the GaAs transceiver.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply