Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Ajit and Made in India/Candystorm (Strategic Trader)
Jul 28, 2017 09:58AM
Jul 28, 2017 10:16AM

So, with dielectric waveguides costing less than $1 each and so many can be made per wafer, imagine the profit margins that POET can enjoy with such a 'disruptive' cost. What a way to start and get the managers of data rooms interested, excited, and then become very willing to open their order book. A very conservative $10 to $14 million in sales projected for 2018 and then this gives the market something to look forward in terms of growth rate, then a whole lot of optimistic momentum will support the stock and its price. I am going to assume that the initial projected sales are not just for dielectric waveguides alone, but there will be other products. So as long as quality stays high and wafer yields are very acceptable, then manufacturing capacity becomes a cinch, costs remain very low and profitability stays high during POET's projected growth phase. For me, this is the 'clearest' indication in terms of understanding this stock ever. If I can wrap my head around these things, then when analysts jump on board the bandwagon, they can quantify most everything much more succinctly.

Another thing to remember is that the InP platform has value in 'discrete' devices as well, so I would project licenses or partnerships in this area wherever POET feels they need to going forward as well to achieve mass scale manufacturing to drive sales numbers even further as part of their growth strategies.

Monolithic

Jul 30, 2017 09:22PM
Jul 30, 2017 09:31PM
Jul 30, 2017 10:42PM
Jul 30, 2017 11:22PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply